As a veteran of many other telecommunications companies, Larry Steinmetz started XBLUE Networks, L.L.C. because he felt there was a need in the market. That need was to provide small businesses (those with under 30 employees) with phone systems that offer a healthy balance between technology and real value.
“I felt that many of the major players in our segment of the market were overlooking the real goal of our industry. This is providing small businesses with a communications solution that provides the best absolute value. The major players seemed so obsessed with the intricacies of what new technology could bring to the party they forgot to evaluate if some of these developments really brought any new substantial value to small business,” notes Larry.
What Makes XBLUE Networks, L.L.C. Unique:
- The only small business communications (telephone) systems manufacturer solely focused on providing value to small businesses.
- XBLUE Networks, L.L.C. is the only small business communications (telephone) systems provider that offers designer colors. The company’s motto is “Combine Substance and Style with XBLUE.”
- The lights (LEDs) on XBLUE’s telephones are very bright and they are blue and green. The industry is very conservative and for years everyone else used red and green lights (LEDs) on their telephones. XBLUE is the first company to try something different.
- The only manufacturer to launch a private label program for dealers. In exchange for a small volume order with XBLUE, XBLUE will private label the telephones, main service unit, documentation and sales materials with the dealer’s company name and logo. This is the first program of its kind in the industry. Dealer reaction has been very positive. It’s a key way for dealers to differentiate their company and protect their customer base.
- The only manufacturer to launch (in April 2008) a low-priced small business system with VOIP capability – the retail price will be 30-50% less than existing systems on the market.
Working With Dealers
Larry Steinmetz wants to make his dealer as successful as possible. For example, XBLUE is the first manufacturer to introduce a private label dealer program where dealers can use their own brand on the system. This shows how committed XBLUE is to their dealers. No other manufacturer does this.
Andrew Burns, President of ABC Telecom of Fort Lauderdale, FL, an XBLUE Dealer, wrote this to him:
Top 10 Reasons Why I Like Being an XBLUE Dealer and Why Other Dealers Should Follow:
1) Great management (one example of this was you were open to letting us private label the product which was the deal closer and makes everything a lot better for ABC).
2) We do not compete with same product with others, so if we win over the customer on this product, we can not be shopped on price on new system sales.
3) We do not compete with same product with others, so if we have a customer with this product, we can not be shopped on price on additions, forever.
4) We have telephones that come in many colors and the competition does not.
5) It was easy to get going. No major investment. Training was fast and easy.
6) Systems are easy to install and maintain. Every system has remote access for free.
7) Systems are priced right.
8) Systems are dependable.
9) Systems are feature rich (I especially like the inexpensive 8 port voice mail and the voice mail to e-mail delivery that comes free with the voice mail)
10) Extremely strong customer support (Everyone seems to really care and I really appreciate that).
Topics Larry can speak on:
- VoIP vs. Digital Phone Systems: What is the Best Solution for Small Business?
- How to Make Dealers Happy
- Tips on Making Your Overseas Manufacturing Experience Better
- Managing Teams