- C2 makes good students even better. C2 does not only provide remedial tutoring services.
- C2’s tutors personally customize programs to the academic and skills profile of the individual student -- with a high-level of student-tutor interaction.
- C2 has found its niche with high-school students. Sylvan and Huntington focus on younger students.
- C2’s approach to education focuses on the entire academic experience --- not just test-taking.
- C2 is establishing a National Student Advisory Board to consist of 8 students – four juniors and four seniors in high school. The Board, to be in place by September 2008, will advise C2 in matters of program development, communications strategies and service-learning initiatives. They will engage in strategic thinking with C2 leadership to establish best practices and explore creative solutions.
- 121 point average increase in SAT math scores; 117 point average increase in SAT reading scores
- 90% improvement in grades in next quarter report card; 100% improvement in grades within one year
- Test Prep: SAT I, II, ACT, AP, IB, State Exit Tests, SSAT,ISEE, Science Magnet School Entrance Tests
- K-12 Subject Tutoring
- Enrichment Programs: Debate, Book, and Math clubs
|BUSINESS NAME||C2 Education|
|CORPORATE OVERVIEW||Begun as a private tutoring program run out of a Harvard dorm room, C2 Education opened its first location in 2000 and has grown to include more than 110 centers across the country. C2 focuses on making smart students smarter.
In 2008, C2 Education is adding new centers at the rate of about one a week for the next 18 months. C2 Education is now serving 15,000 students and their families each week.
C2 Education spends almost 20% of its income on R&D -- researching new curricula and teaching methods, providing professional development for instructors, etc.
C2 Education differentiates itself from competitors in six ways:
C2 makes performance tracking a priority resulting in impressive statistics:
C2 Education is highly selective in recruiting tutors and hires. On average, only two tutors are recruited for every 100 resumes submitted. Requirements include a Bachelor’s degree and perfect SAT scores. C2 tutors vary widely in age and ethnicity. C2 seeks candidates with interesting backgrounds who can enrich the lives of students. C2’s tutor retention rate is excellent -- an average of 12-18 months compared to the 4-5 month industry average.
|PRODUCT / SERVICE OVERVIEW||
|CERTIFICATIONS||CITA certification pending, NCLB provider, Minority-owned business.
C2 is an approved No Child Left Behind Provider in WA, IL, TX, FL, GA, VA, MD, PA, and NJ.
|# OF EMPLOYEES||550|
|ANNUAL REVENUE (2007)||$27 million|
|HEADQUARTERS ADDRESS||6455 E. Johns Crossing, Suite 402, Duluth, GA 30097|
|OTHER COMPANY LOCATIONS (city, state)||70 corporate locations are in the following states and countries: NY, NJ, PA, MD, VA, NC, GA, FL, IL, CA, TX, WA, British Columbia, Canada, South Korea |
40 franchise locations are in the following states: NY, NJ, PA, MD, VA, GA, FL, TX, OR
|COMPANY CONTACT NAME||David Kim, CEO|
|MEDIA CONTACT||Margie Zable Fisher, firstname.lastname@example.org, (561) 417-0006|